Balmed Holdings Ltd. is a company based in the cocoa, coffee & cashew sector in Sierra Leone. Our motive is not only to buy and sell cocoa, coffee & cashew but also to transfer knowledge to the youth and farmers in order to improve living standards in the rural areas.
The company started in 2002 as a trading company in Kono District. Since that time we have been working closely together with smallholder farmers, organized in cooperatives for fair price and infrastructural improvements. Currently we work togehter with over 13.000 registered and certified cocoa, coffee & cashew farmers from Sierra Leone. The majority of the small scale farmers are certified under international certification like Rainforest Alliance, Fairtrade and UTZ. The certified acreage is clearly separated by districts.
Balmed currently has 14 permanent staff employed in Sierra Leone to manage the business and follow up with the activities.
We are currently exporting first grade certified cocoa, coffee & cashew from Sierra Leone.
Our company is fully commited for the development of the agricultural sector in Sierra Leone. We aim to bring back the quality of Sierra Leonean Cocoa and Coffee, as it was back in the 70ies, when Sierra Leonean Cocoa got 20% Worldmarket Top-Up for quality. Furthermore we strive to establish a CO2 neutral Cashew value network; a impactful project combining organic cashew production and CO2 neutral cashew processing focussing on renewable energy for rural electrification & processing of cashew kernels for international markets.
Please click threw the homepage to find out more about our business...
Here you can see our operation areas.
- Buedu, Kissitungi Chiefdom, Kailahun District
- Gorama Mende, Kono District,
- Mobai, Mandu Chiefdom, Kailahun District
- Baiwal, Dia Chiefdom, Kailahun District
- Potoru, Bari Chiefdom, Pujehun District
- Popalahun, Lower Bambara Chiefdom, Kenema District
- Badja Chiefdom, Bo District
- Kenema Town, Kenema District
- Dodo, Kenema District
- Jawei Chiefdom, Kailahun District
- Koidu Town, Kono District
- Bombali District (Cashew)
- Port Loko District (Cashew)
- Tonkolili District (Cashew)
- Koinadugu District (Cashew)
- Kambia District (Cashew)